I thought it would be beneficial for my readers if I collect a series of dad quotes relating to fatherhood in the hope that it would encourage us to be better fathers.
We are not all born to be great dads; but we can certainly strive to be one or emulate those who have done well and have earned the respect of their offspring. The amazing thing about quotes is that they are so succinct but yet pack such a punch.
This could be an ever expanding list and I hope you enjoy and pick an inspiration or two from it or simply have a laugh.
The Ultimate Dad Quotes List
- Dad’s don’t need to be tall and broad shouldered and clever – Love makes them so. Pam Brown
- Train up a child in the way which he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
- Parents are often so busy with the physical rearing of children that they miss the glory of parenthood, just as the grandeur of the trees is lost when raking leaves. Marcelene Cox
- Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy! Philip Whitmore Senior
- Good fathers make good sons. Unknown
- To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. Euripides 480BC-406BC
- It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father. Pope John XXIII
- I just owe almost everything to my father [and] it’s passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election. Margaret Thatcher
- My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising boys.” Harmon Killebrew
- Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. Ruth E. Renkel
- There’s really no point in having children if you’re not going to be home enough to father them. Anthony Edwards
- A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. Anonymous
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. Sigmund Freud
- The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. Anonymous
- His heritage to his children wasn’t words or possessions, but an unspoken treasure, the treasure of his example as a man and a father. Will Rogers Jr
- A daddy is a man who has photos in his wallet where his money used to be. Unknown
- It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was. Anne Sexton
- The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family. Reed Markham
- A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. ~ Billy Graham
- The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them. Confucius
- Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys. Anonymous
- The first man a little girl falls in love with is her Dad. Unknown
- A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child. Knights of Pythagoras
- The kind of man who thinks that helping with the dishes is beneath him will also think that helping with the baby is beneath him, and then he certainly is not going to be a very successful father. Eleanor Roosevelt
- A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. Unknown
- It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping. John Sinor
- One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be. Unknown
- The Strength of a Man isn’t seen in the width of his shoulders, it’s seen in the width of his arms that circle you;
– isn’t in the deep tone of his voice, it’s in the gentle words he whispers;
– isn’t how many buddies he has, it’s how good a buddy he is with his kids;
– isn’t in how respected he is at work, it’s in how respected he is at home;
– isn’t in how hard he hits, it’s in how tender he touches;
– isn’t in the hair on his chest, it’s in his heart…that lies within his chest;
– isn’t in how many women he’s loved, it’s in how he can be true to one woman;
– isn’t in the weight he can lift, it’s in the burdens he carries. Unknown
- A man’s children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season. Unknown
- My father taught me that the only way you can make good at anything is to practice, and then practice some more. Pete Rose
Well hope you enjoy these 30 quotes.
I would love to hear which one in particular struck a chord with you.
My favorite is quote 1. What about you?
Learning To Be a Better Dad,